Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Andrew's Favorite Basketball Player

For those of you who have seen Andrew in person, you know about his 'unique' hair style. I would insert a picture, but since it's so 'unique' I normally don't photograph it.

(He's currently napping, and I don't want to wake him. This one will have to do for now.)



Let me describe it. He's basically bald with a small patch of hair right above his neck. Some refer to it as a mullet. But there's no business in the front- it's all party. Some refer to it as a rat-tail. There's really not much of a 'tail' though. Either way, it always gets commented on.

How does this have anything to do with basketball?

Drew Gooden #90 for the Cavaliers should be the obvious answer:



Andrew's hair is all natural. I mean, we didn't cut/style it that way. It's a style straight from Above. We just say he's got West Virgina roots, so the mullet is bred into him.

However, Mr. Gooden is a grown man and purposefully did this to his own head. Which just makes me wonder.

I also think it's a little peculiar that they share the same name- DREW Gooden. AnDREW Holt. Maybe we should call him Drew? Maybe get him a basketball hoop? Get him a #90 jersey and a headband?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...it has been too long since I have seen this little guy, but the "Mullett" is really in place now. Before it was just longer and darker in the back of his head, now it is quite unique. But you have to love that golden blonde stuff on the rest of his head! Looks like he is trying to make his own fashion statement