Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cry Baby

Carter Finley is most precious. The mere sight of him made me cry. He is really an angel!

Seeing him and his small, newborn, helpless-self really got to me. It made me realize just how fast they grow up. Only three months ago, Andrew was that tiny!!

It's hard to believe that my little baby boy has doubled his birth weight and then some. He can smile and is developing distinct likes and dislikes. He stops and listens to unfamiliar sounds. He can find me if I call his name and wave my hands. Most of the time the recognition is met with a smile and a squeal.

It took me 26 years to appreciate how awesome humans are when they're first born. Even when they look at you with those "Who are you?" and "What do you want?" scrunched, so-serious eyebrows.

So now I cry at the sight of a newborn. Well, at newborns that I've waited 10 months to meet. I don't really cry at weddings, but show me a friend's newborn and it's nothing but waterworks.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Carter Finley already made his 1st girl cry! He is worth crying over.