Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Four Month Baby Wellness

I don't plan on keeping the Two-a-Day postings... but there's been a lot going on around here. This one will be quick and pictureless.

Andrew had his 4 Month Baby Wellness today. He is in his 18th week.

He weighs 15 1/2 lbs. (Putting him in the 75th percentile.)
He is 27" long. (90th percentile. He's tall!!)
His head is 16 1/2" circumference. (25th percentile.)

I asked about the red blood drops in his stool, three times I noticed them since July 1st. The Dr. wasn't concerned, but I have to take samples to send to the lab for Occult Blood testing. And then wait for the Lab not to call since no news is good news. More testing will have to be done if they do call.

I also asked about starting solid foods. The Dr. said to wait until 5 months. Then we added that we gave him rice cereal last night. The Dr. just told us to make sure it was thin and runny. So, we're gonna hold off for a while. More time to research!


***EDITED TO UPDATE: We took the Biohazard (read: poop) samples to the Lab today (7/29). I'll be updating when we DON'T hear anything back and no further testing is needed. Standby.***

3 comments:

Amanda said...

wow 4 months where does time go?

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for the update . . . my new Fall Hanna Andersson catalog just arrived!

Anonymous said...

Hey, we need an update to this. How did the lab results come out...I am sure all if ok but want to know for sure. Love,Grandma Ruth