Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jump another 20 weeks

So I'm horrible with keeping up with this thing. Probably because no one knows about it... yet.
I blog on MySpace (www.myspace.com/jmmh), since it's known to everyone and I know how to use it. Notice there aren't any pictures here?

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. 10 days to go! But I think he'll come sooner. More on that later...

Not too much else has been going on. This pregnancy has been pretty smooth sailing so far.

I go to see Dr G today- I go weekly- and she's stripping my membranes. Maybe. I haven't made up my mind yet. I thought I was 100% 'go' for it, but then I consulted the Internet. (I really should stop doing that!) It's a procedure that doesn't always work and I wanted to know some stories of women that had it done.

Now for the pro/con list:

PRO: If it works, I'll have a baby in 24- 48 hours!

CON: There's a risk of infection. If I got sick, or Andrew got sick, I would feel extremely guilty for being selfish and wanting him NOW. This is the major one I'm worried about. I'll have to see what Dr. G has to say.

CON: The procedure itself hurts. Dr G described it as 'mean.'

PRO: If it works, I (okay, We) can hold Andrew in 24-48 hours!

CON: I kinda feel that I'm messing with his natural birthday.
-Flip side, but not quite a pro: He's coming when he's ready. The procedure doesn't always work.

CON: I'm not even at my due date yet. I could wait a week, until I was 39 weeks.

PRO: If it works, Andrew would be here in 24-48 hours!

Right now (3 hours before the appointment) I'm split 80/20. I want to meet this baby!

1 comment:

Grandma Ruth said...

If you were right at your due date I could see doing this membrane stripping thing, but to do something that may not work and hurts, whoa.....I don't know about that. Remember, patience is a virtue