Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Got any weekend plans?

I will have my membranes stripped on Friday.

I decided to go for it for the following reasons:

  • The risk of infection with me is very low. Dr G said it was a concern with women who are Group B Streptococcus (GBS)positive. I am Negative. GBS is not to be confused with Group A Streptococcus- which causes Strep Throat. I'm Negative for that too.

  • I've never broken a bone, or had to have major surgery (I don't count having my wisdom teeth pulled 'major'), or really anything that has tested my threshold for pain. I figure this procedure can't hurt as much as giving birth... even if it IS the most painful thing I've ever endured. Ha! Just wait until I'm checked into Labor & Delivery.

  • I won't be messing with his yet-to-be-determined Birthday because it might not work. He'll come when he's ready, and if he's not ready, he's not budging. He's pretty strong. Before I knew I was pregnant, and he was still a zygote, he went tubing and ran a 5k.

  • Last but not least, I consulted my Mom. After our conversation, I felt that she supported the decision, or at least didn't think I was playing God.

Dr G told me to wait until Friday. She's on call this weekend and if stripping my membranes encourages labor- then she'd be the one delivering! Which I think seems to be pretty good timing. But then again, it's not up to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure what stripping membranes is, but good luck with that.

Jennifer said...

It hurts but not that bad. Go for it!