Thursday, March 6, 2008

Or maybe not...WROTE TOO SOON!

Ugh.

Okay... I was told at my last appointment (Tuesday) to call today to set something up for Friday to have these membranes of mine stripped. The tricky part is Dr G's nurse , who I've met and know, isn't in today. I was told to ask for E and she would make a note in the computer that I was coming in. Because Dr G will be on call Friday though Sunday, she doesn't have available appointments. But I can't just show up, or whoever's at the front desk won't know why I'm there. Hence the call to E today...

Strike one: I called at about 12 and E was out to lunch. Could I call back later?

Strike two: I called back at about 2:15, and spoke with the receptionist- let's call her R.
I ask for E.
R asks if I'm returning a phone call from E.
I say: "No, I'm supposed to call her today."
R: "Let me go talk to her."
I'm put on hold.
R: "Ma'am? E says she didn't call you."
Me: "I know. Dr G told me to call and ask for E, to set up an appointment for tomorrow to have my membranes stripped. But I know she's on call, so I was told to call E and have her put me into the computer for an appointment."
R: "Okay. Well, E is Dr X's nurse, and she does laser. Let me check with T who's Dr. G's nurse. She might know."
I'm put on hold again...
-Can you guess if T knows anything about me calling?
This goes on for a while, and I don't feel like typing it out.

Anyway, no one there seems to know (or can understand) why I'm calling. R takes a message and now I'm waiting for 'someone' to call me back.

So... I don't know if this membrane stripping is going to happen tomorrow. There are tornado warnings and it's raining like crazy. We'll see if 'someone' calls me back. I'm only on strike 2. If I don't get a call back, I'm not going in... I'll just have to wait and do this thing the old-fashioned way.

Maybe I just haven't gotten it that this isn't about me! Maybe I can get some ice cream?

WROTE TOO SOON!! T called me back (that's right, not E) and told me to come in tomorrow at 10:30... I'm a little apprehensive because she told me to ask for E.
I did not get any ice cream.

2 comments:

Gramma Rosie said...

To strip or not to strip . . .
Andrew J will make the Final Decision whatever procedures get done or not get done!
HA HA HA HA HA
Keep up the good work!
Win this one for TEAMHOLT

Grandma Ruth said...

Good luck. I will be thinking of you both all day and all weekend until I get the good news about this much anticipated bundle of joy.